5 WAYS A TOUGHBOOK CAN IMPROVE YOUR PRODUCTIVITY
June 30, 2017 02:58 am
There was a time when the thought of carrying a portable computer around for productivity’s sake seemed like something from a sci-fi film. Computers were simply too bulky, heavy and didn’t have the tools needed for impactful assistance. Today, most people carry some form of portable device with them at all times whether it’s a smartphone, a tablet or a laptop of some sort. But while these devices have been made to make carrying easy, there’s a lot about them that still makes them somewhat impractical for the rough and tumble of everyday life.
Toughbooks are designed to come with you everywhere you go and withstand everyday travel and the occasional tumble that might render other notebooks useless. Here are just five ways Toughbooks can build on your everyday productivity no matter where you’re going:
- Reduced Glare: Laptop manufacturers today focus on making computer screens as shiny and appealing as possible. While they work great for an office or home use, the glare brought on by such glossy screens is somewhat impractical for use in brightly lit areas or outdoors. Toughbooks like the Panasonic CF-19 feature a sunlight-viewable 6,000 nit TransflectivePlus touchscreen that makes visibility in broad daylight clearer than ever.
- Element Resistance: Ever get that temperature warning on your device telling you it’s just too hot to function? Everyday devices like cell phones, tablets and computers are simply not made to function in extreme weather conditions (e.g. when you leave them in your car). Overheating can lead to problems like a permanently damaged battery or LCD display over time.
- Battery Life: We’ve all experienced that desperate moment of running around looking for a charger or an outlet in the last seconds of life of a device. Toughpads are made for those moments. With an extended battery life of up to 27 hours with an optional media bay 2nd battery featured in the Panasonic CF-31, moments like these can be a thing of the past and you can continue working all the way into tomorrow with no problem.
- Faster Startup Time: There’s no sense of impatience like waiting for a computer to start up when you’re wound up and ready to roll. A well-worn computer can take minutes to start up depending on hardware and storage space. Toughbooks like the CF-19 are ready to go when you are with a 20% faster startup time than other computers.
- Durability: The last thing you want to worry about on the go is the fragility of an important device you’re carrying. Today, most professionals carry a personal computer with them at least a few times a week. So what happens when your computer turns out to be less tough than you need it to be? A lot of inconvenience. Panasonic’s Toughbooks come equipped with protective exteriors like magnesium alloy chassis and shock protection to ensure that even with the occasional work abuse, your work is safer than ever.